Friday, February 27, 2009

Jonathan Learned a New Word

Mark this down 2 posts in one day!

Just to warn you, this post could be offensive.

Jonathan came home from school yesterday and announced to Fred that he had learned a new word for privates. I was concentrating on something else, but moms have a special gift. We can be doing something in one room and hear everything that is going on in another room. I snapped to attention as I heard Jonathan declare that he learned that another word for your privates is bichina. Pronounced bih-china (with a short i on the bih and China like the country) Huh?

I asked where he had learned this and he said that he heard it on the playground. A boy in Jonathan’s class got kicked in a “sensitive area” and one of the girls clarified where he had been kicked. Only her clarification was dead wrong.

We had to have a talk and discussed the correct pronunciation of the word and the correct meaning of the word. Only, he didn’t believe me! He is taking the word of a 9 year old girl on the playground over his own mother. The talk seemed oddly familiar. Then I remembered that we had a very similar talk about a year ago. Last year, Jonathan had become very angry and told Jess that she needed to leave him alone or he might just kick her in the nuts. I guess anatomy isn’t his thing….