Monday, February 9, 2009

Golden Slumbers

I have a big update that I need to do on Jonathan. He had his Pinewood Derby, had his 3rd grade music performance and participated in an inner-school martial arts tournament. That will be coming soon... I promise.

While I was searching for pictures to use for Jessie's FASST post, I found quite a few pictures of Jonathan - all with the same theme. Jonathan is one of those kids that can go to sleep anywhere. You would think, from looking at these pictures, that he is a great sleeper. Not so. He is 9 years old and has just recently started sleeping through the night. He stopped sleeping the day that Fred converted his baby bed into a toddler bed. He yelled and screamed "Daddy done broke my bed!"

Thanksgiving 2008. Here he is all wrapped up on my dad's lap. He likes to be swaddled like a baby.

October 2008. Crashed on the couch - like always.

Love that little bootie sticking out.

This one was taken in July 2008. Love the water bottle and remote in hand.

Here he is asleep in his popcorn. Like he had no warning that he was getting sleepy. We try to tell him that he would sleep better if he would just go to bed when he gets tired.

This was on the first day of school in 2007. After getting ready, he laid back down and went to sleep. I guess he wasn't quite ready to face 2nd grade.

This is from 2003. There is that little bootie again.

Too tired to finish reading the book. Remnants of an after-dinner snack are all over his shirt and face.

Snuggling with our cat, Princess.

And, of course, the classic.

No comments: