Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Christmas Card Debacle of 2013


For some reason, this has just been an off year for me.  If you know me, then you know that I truly LOVE Christmas cards. There has only been one year that we didn't send out Christmas cards and that was the Christmas that Jess was at Meridell.  I took the pictures before she left and ordered the cards.  However, I ended up not sending them, because she looked so sad.  

That being said, I don't know what happened this year.  I had it on my mind that I needed to have pictures done.  Then before I knew it November was upon us.  Do you know what November is?  No shave November!  The mustache is not a good look for my husband.  Last year, we went forward with family pictures and it was bad!  From there we started planning for our sealing and it just started snowballing after that.

Long story short,  I threw my kids in front of the tree and took their pictures.  My camera broke the day of our sealing.  I have to send it off to get it fixed.  (Sad story, I know).  A couple of years ago, I thought it was a good idea to paint my living room a soft green, because it was tranquil.  However, when you take a picture, it makes everyone look like death.  So, my pictures had a less-than-desired-effect.  I picked out a super cute card and made the pictures black and white hoping that would help make up for bad photography.  I ordered the cards.  My gut told me to pay the extra for expedited shipping.  After all, this girl has only gone one Christmas without cards.  But, no!  I went with the free shipping offer that said I would have it well before Christmas.  

Everyday, I anxiously tracked my cards.  Everyday they were in Frisco, but didn't deliver.  Turns out it was a FedEx package that had been handed over to USPS.  Friday night I tracked my package.  It said that they attempted delivery at 6:47 p.m. but there was no one home and that they left a notice.  First of all, I was home and second, I couldn't find a notice.  I called and entered in my tracking number and it said that the post office had my package.  

On Saturday, I headed out to the post office.  I got there too late for package retrieval.  However, while I was at the post office the mailman was delivering my package.  So, my theory is that he didn't get all of his packages delivered the night before and put it in his system that he attempted delivery.

I had address labels already printed out, so I quickly put labels and stamps on them.  We dropped them off at the post office.  They went out some time Monday and you will all get them after Christmas.  

One would hope that I learned my lesson!  Don't procrastinate and don't forget Movember.

No comments: