Thursday, March 7, 2013

Partying With My Girl


Last Saturday, Jess and I had the opportunity to attend a quinceanera for one of the sweet girls from our church.  We have been so busy that we only had a week to figure out our dresses. I was running around like a crazy woman returning Jessica's dress Saturday morning and buying her a new one.  I had already bought my dress, but decided I didn't like it.  So, I was trying to find a new dress for me, too.  All, just hours before the big event.  I finally got home about lunch time and then we went running out to get our nails done.  We got home in barely enough time to finish getting ready for the event.

Jess danced a few dances, but wasn't out on the dance floor very much.  She enjoyed hanging out with her good friend, Nicole.  The party was beautiful and we had a great time visiting with our friends.  It was stressful trying to get ready and I felt overextended.  I almost wished that I hadn't RSVP'd.  I felt like we had too many irons in the fire right now and we didn't have the time it took to shop, get ready and then attend this event.  In the end, I was so glad that we went.  We enjoyed seeing all the youth dressed up and visiting with some really great people.  I don't know why I always get worked up like this!  I need to learn to relax and enjoy whatever it is that I sign us up for!



No comments: