Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer Lovin'

We were so busy this weekend getting our garage and shed organized that we didn't get to make a trip down to the pool. Pool time is an absolute must for every weekend during the summer. However, we tried to help Jonathan have a good time in the backyard. By the way, I do have a daughter. She was inside working on a project that she put off. However, she didn't seem upset to be missing all of the fun. I think she has grown out of slip-in-slides and water balloon fights.


Trying to beat the heat, I made frozen popsicles out of lemonade. Jonathan was very impatient. I can't imagine how they were able to freeze, because he checked the popsicle container every five minutes to see if they were ready yet.

Glad to see that he has all of his ribs!


I really wanted a small pool for the backyard. Unfortunately our backyard slopes and I was informed (as I am every year) that it would be a big pain to try to put a pool back there. As a consolation, I bought a slip-in-slide. Otherwise, I end up living at the community pool.


Big fun with the slip-in-slide



I bought this $10 water ball from Walmart. It didn't take long for the boys to figure out that it was a waste of money. The water balloon didn't explode inside it like it was supposed to. (Don't pay attention to the tree behind Fred. That is another one of our summer projects. Right now, the main part has been cut down and it is in pieces in the backyard.)



Therefore they switched to the $5 container of water balloons. Much more fun and cheaper! Who knew?


No comments: