Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Allen Freedom Fest

Every year we hang out with the Garstka's, Turner's and DiSpigno's and enjoy the Allen fireworks.  This year was no different.  The Garstka's are such great hosts.  We enjoyed great food.  Jessica brought homemade cookies and cupcakes.  She is so creative.  She had 4th of July themed icing and sprinkles and let the kids decorate their own cupcakes.  They had so much fun and they were delicious!  I love having a baker in the family... too bad she is a messy baker.  I have to say, she is getting better about cleaning up after herself, though.

It was fun to see Jessie and Jonathan hanging out together during the fireworks.  They've come a long way as brother and sister.  For the most part, they no longer feel the need to kill each other... only bicker back forth once and awhile.

I made everyone dress patriotic.  Fred and Jonathan's scout camp shirt had a flag on the back - I'll have to pick a better shirt for them next year.  I sure do miss those matching Old Navy shirts we used to wear when the kids were little!  I haven't had any takers on those in years!






I hope everyone had a great Independence Day weekend and is enjoying what is left of your summer!

No comments: