Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Christmas Past, Part 1


I have been thinking a lot about Christmas 2011 these last few days.  I never documented Christmas and I still don't know what I want to say about it.  It was dark time for us, but we put on our happy face and persevered.  Jessica was away from us getting help for her depression.  She left on December 15 and returned on February 28.  By the time Christmas arrived, we still weren't quite used to her being away. 

Christmas morning, her stocking hung on the mantle and her presents were under the tree.  We did our best to smile for Jonathan as he tried to enjoy Christmas morning without his sister.  We went to church and then had Christmas lunch with Fred's sister and her family.  All normal activities, but nothing was normal. 


I am so glad that Jess was able to get the help that she needed... even if it meant that we lost her over Christmas.  We are glad to have her home and doing well.

No comments: