Sunday, December 11, 2011

Flashback: Allen's Freedom Fest

It is a tradition for the Garstka's, Turner's, White's, DiSpigno's, Fortenberry's and Miller's (when they are able to trek in from Mansfield) to get together and watch Allen's fireworks show every year. Allen usually celebrates the weekend before Independence Day. I'm not sure why, but it makes life easy for me. It means that my family isn't out late the day before I have to return to work. This last July, we celebrated with the Garstka's and DiSpigno's. It was a small affair this year, because one of the Garstka girls had a late soccer game. Usually we get together and grill out for lunch and maybe do some swimming before the fireworks. This year we parked over at Dave and Angela's,and got there about 30 minutes before the fireworks. As always, the fireworks were amazing. The kids enjoyed spending time together, and the adults enjoyed sitting and chatting.
Games are a necessary part of waiting for the fireworks to start!
Jonathan and Madison were buddies that night, and played catch for quite some time.
This is the only shot I got of Ally, and for some reason she stuck the fan in front of her face.  Probably because it was unbelievably hot, and that was the only way for her to stay cool!
 Ally enjoyed hanging out with Jess.  I know that she always feels loved when she is around Ally and Madison.

We had so much fun that night.  Of course, we went back to Dave and Angela's afterwards while the throngs of people exited their neighborhood.  I know that we stayed way longer than necessary, but we always lose track of time when we are with them.  I know that I said it in my last post, but we really are blessed to have such great friends!

No comments: