Monday, March 28, 2011

We Believe In Being Honest

Jess and I spent Saturday evening watching our church's Young Women's General Broadcast.  It was televised on the BYU channel, so we settled in for the night with pizza and our blankets.  Our church leaders spoke to the young women (girls 12-18 and their mothers).

This year's mutual theme is our 13th Article of Faith:  We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul - We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure many things.  If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.  Each of the speakers had prepared talks based on the 13th Article of Faith.

Ann M. Dibb is the Second Counselor in the General Young Women's Presidency, and is also the daughter of our dear, sweet prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  I always love her talks, and Saturday night was no exception.  She spoke on honesty.  It struck a chord with me, because it has recently been suggested that I am "too honest."  As an adult, those were never words that I would expect to hear.  I believe in being honest in all of my dealings with my fellow men.  That is who I am. 

I feel so fortunate to belong to a church where my daughter and I can spend an hour and a half being spiritually fed by church leaders.

No comments: