Saturday, May 29, 2010

Home on the Range

I have never considered myself an outdoorsy person.  Although, right now, I am loving the outdoors.  I get outside any moment I can.  I love my Saturday morning bike rides.  I enjoy looking up at the beautiful sky.  Feeling the wind against my skin.  I even had a little rabbit race me last Saturday.
At one end of the bike trail, it dead ends into a pasture of cows.
 This is my favorite part of the bike ride.  It reminds me of home.  I miss looking out past my backyard and seeing these beautiful creatures.   
 When I was growing up, I really wanted a cow.  I came home from the Collin County Youth Show, and told my family that I wanted a Black Amos cow.  They are still making fun of me for calling it a Black Amos instead of a Black Angus.  I had met a very handsome young man who had a beautiful Black Angus.  I'm not sure which I liked better him or the cow.

 Looking very natural (code for no make-up) with the cows.

No comments: