Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hanging with Jonathan

I'll just say it... Fred and Jessica can be party poopers.  Their idea of a fun summer activity is going to see a movie.  Jess would also say that going to the mall is high on the list.  For that reason, I call the two of them party poopers, and Jonathan is my summer buddy.  We bike (don't look at my outfit... it was too big, thus making me look chubby), swim, hike, feed the ducks, and walk the dogs together.
Jonathan is such a sweet guy to hang out with his mom.  I'm very fortunate that he heads out with me on the weekends.  (Don't you just love the picture of our little pond?  We could definitely use some rain.  Those poor ducks need some more water to swim in.)
Jonathan's favorite summer activity is swimming.  He expects (or maybe demands) to swim as many nights as possible during the summer.  I usually sit in my little chair reading Fitness or Women's Health.  However, the sun usually gets to me, and I have to cool down and swim for a few minutes.  Jonathan and I sometimes race.  I LET him win!  For real!  I LET him win! 
My heart is touched by my sweet Jonathan.  I love him so much, and enjoy our time together.  I do wish that Jessica and Fred enjoyed these activities.  I would love to share them with the entire family.  However, since they don't, it gives me some precious time with Jonathan.  I know that these moments are fleeting, and this might be my last summer to spend so much time with him.  I love you, Brother!

No comments: