Wednesday, February 3, 2016

My Sweet Friend

The Fortenberry's sit in front of the sweetest little family in church.  I have spent what seems like the better part of a year trying to befriend their cute little daughter.  We'll call her M.  M is shy and only smiles at me and says hi.  One day as we left church, she ran up and gave me a quick hug.  I call that a success.

One week, I thought Mom deserved a little break and I told her to send one of her cute littles our way.  She said that she had been threatening to do just that.  Just so we're clear, when you are at your wits end, I will never be your punishment.  I'm more of a friend.

I talked M into coming and sitting with us during Sacrament.  She sits so sweet and quietly.  She puts on all my jewelry and we draw or look at books.  She pretty much makes my Sunday.  One Sunday, she brought me a note that says, "Dear Sister Fortenberry."  I think M and I are on our way to becoming BFFs.

No comments: